Philadelphia Eagles fans have reason to be concerned this morning. After Sunday’s 13-13 tie against the listless Cincinnati Bengals, Donovan McNabb told reporters that he didn’t even know ties were an option in the NFL (full story). With that startling revelation, we decided to educate the veteran quarterback on a few other football rules that he may not be aware of:
- Extra points, which occur after scoring a touchdown, count for one (1) point.
- 6+1=7, also known as a touchdown plus extra point.
- When it’s 1st and 10, your team needs 10 yards for a first down (new set of downs).
- The team with the most points at the end of the game is declared the winner.
- The Super Bowl is the championship game. Its intensity can cause a quarterback to choke under pressure… oh wait, he already knows that.