Less than 24 hours after insulting Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli by asking if he wished his daughter had married “a better defensive coordinator,” Detroit News’ Rob Parker continued his spree of insulting remarks when he called The Max’s world headquarters in Dix Hills, New York.
After getting me (Jeff Maxwell) on the phone, Parker was so bold as to ask if I wished my mother gave birth to a better sports blogger, referring to my brother Jack’s lousy posts of late. Much to Parker’s surprise, though, I answered “yes.” I mean come on, Jack’s posts are totally holding The Max back. Just check out some of his not-so-greatest hits:
- Post: The Yanks are tightening their wallet. Comment: So just because CC is wearing a construction helmet, it means he is building the stadium? I guess the joke was the part about the fryer. Not so good, bro. You’re better than that.
- Post: Royals sign young righty. Comment: Hey, Jack. Every single web site in the world made that joke. The only difference is that yours was made about 24 hours after theirs. This isn’t a newspaper; you gotta post those things faster.
- Post: Fake athlete names. Comment: Who does a Top 8 list? Don’t people either do Top 10 or Top 5… you know, a nice round number?
- Post: Notre Dame cheerleaders. Comment: I see where he was going here… He just wanted to show the pretty girls. Too bad Notre Dame doesn’t have any, though. Ouch!
- Post: Baseball awards. Comment: The CTRL + Z Award? Really? I’d like to hit CTRL + Z on asking him to be a part of this blog.
- Post: Dumbest sports team names. Comment: At least this time he rounded it out to 10 items. Way to spend the extra two minutes to make the post worth reading.