Here’s the newest set of questions that have been occupying our every
thought. Let us know if you’re thinking what we’re thinking.
- Don’t you think Spring Training is about three weeks too long? Whaddya say we kick off pitchers and catchers around March 1 instead?
- Was anybody really rooting for Melky Cabrera to win the Yankees’ center field job?
- Is anybody else confused with the Heat retiring Alonzo Mourning’s number? In our mind, that’s akin to the Yankees hanging up Jason Giambi’s number, or the Knicks retiring Larry Johnson’s jersey.
- Is it rude of us to proclaim the NCAA Women’s Tournament as unwatchable?
- Is John Calipari the least likable NCAA coach right now? We’re hard-pressed to find somebody we dislike more.
- Why the heck didn’t Guitar Hero put Bob Knight in his signature sweater for this ad? That would have been funny:
Anyone ever heard of the toy, Skip It? If not, please refer to the illustration to the left. It’s a fairly simple concept.
Well, Skip It was one of those items that you saw advertised on TV (in 1989) but you never knew someone who wasted their money on one. Sort of like the Pet Rock.
Anyway, we think someone (namely Ashton Kutcher from Punk’d) should buy a whole bunch of them, hire an actor to play a strength coach and then use them at a station during drills at Spring Training. According to the new coach, here’s how the Skip It will help each player: “It muscles your speed. It strengthens your agility. And it agilitizes your endurance!”
With decent acting and no breaks in character from assistant coaches, you think anyone would bite and start skipping to agilitize their endurance? We think the most players on the Nationals would heavily consider it. Science tells us desperation tends to lower inhibitions.
Nobody at The Max claims to be PinstripedBible.com’s Steven Goldman. We’re not that baseball-smart. In fact, nobody
hear here at The Max claims to be smart at all. Doesn’t matter, though, because we don’t have to be a crew of Alfred Einstein’s to know that if teams like the Braves plan to win in ’09 they’ll going to need to ditch the Olivia Newton-John routine and start tossing the pill around and taking cuts with the lumber.